Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Consulate Trip Part II, Seoul, Dongdaemun

Seoul View: Traditional Meets the Modern Corporate
Again, Black and White Cars Only !?

Dongdaemun Shopping Area, 5th Floor: Beads and Components
There is an A, B, C building, all connected. More like Bead Universe
Thank-you for chaperoning me, Sweet Husband Max.

The Building has Two Floors of Fabric and Clothing Components Vendors
The Bead Floor had these Handbag Components

Cute Teddy Bears, Naked, Ready to be Dressed Up and Turned into Accessories

This Photo Just doesn't Reveal the Scale

Components Galore

These are for Shoes or Hair
But Let your Creativity Wild and you Could Work these into Anything

We got our visas today! After all that. I'm glad I don't have to go into the city again for a while. It's now only about one week away from us leaving.

Although I'm a bit confused because the visa is for one year, which means if I go before my job begins to settle in, then the year begins, and my visa expires before my contract does. So that's confusing.

I went back to Dongdaemun and got a loot of beads and beading supplies! They're so much cheaper than back home... all the components and everything. It's basically like a huge bead show except it happens all year round.

If you know anyone who is going to Korea who is also into designing fashion or accessories, the Dongdaemun shopping center is a good place to go. You can also see Korean traditional dress (Hanbok), Korean Bedding (Also very colorful and pretty), Korean spoons (including "silver spoons" which are really silver and cost just as much...), and pretty much anything you can imagine.

If you're a crafter, visiting this place should be on your short list of places to go in Seoul! But have something in mind of what you want, or plan more than one trip, because I have seen crafting goods that I never imagined in my wildest dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment