Friday, December 24, 2010

Stitches for Small Seed Beads

So, I have a crap load of small seed beads (11 o) that I got a long time ago that I need to use up before buying any more...

The following stitches have been cooperating pretty well:

"Leaves" "Apache Leaves" (although I've heard it referred to as some kind of Russian leaf before...)
They're cute. I should re-teach myself that stitch.

I've had success as you can see in the "Winter Beading" post with spiral stitch. However usually for the inner body of the stitch I have to use delicas or something with a bigger hole... otherwise I drive myself crazy.

Another stitch I've had success with is the St. Petersburg chain, and the 11 o s seem to be accommodating the double St. Petersburg which is pretty stunning. I hope I'll be able to embellish the top too. I'll update when I'm done.



St. Petersburg Chain (Double)

It's quite stunning.

Herringbone did NOT accommodate the 11o seed beads.




No comments:

Post a Comment